Thursday, September 6, 2012

What am I doing here?

Post an introduction to the blog. Introduce yourself to potential readers and discuss what role you feel media technology should play in teaching, at any level. Have you witnessed any particularly effective or ineffective uses of media technology as a student? In this blog I hope to discover new understanding for myself and perhaps others that read this as well. Thoughts are the building blocks to understanding and I intend to use this blog to organize my thoughts that develop throughout the semester. Media technology should play a large role in teaching. Media is an extension of humanity allowing for knowledge to quickly translate into a students mind. Media allows for human senses to harmonize by incorporating visuals like a silent recognizable expression to subtle sounds added to an environment. Media has the power to captivate and is a powerful tool for teachers. I have seen a number of ineffective power point presentations. I have had classes in which the teacher was just learning how to use Moodle and there was much confusion.As I carry my forty-five pound book bag across campus in direct sunlight on a 98 degree summer day I cannot understand why the books have not been digitized. All of my books from first grade on could easily fit onto a quarter pound iPad.Also many classes could easily be online leaving many the option to stay home.I would propose the paperback books all come with a digital source as well. The book could stay at home, the digital version brought to class.

1 comment:

  1. Technology has seriously taken over. It is part of our curriculum and it is part of our daily existence. I definitely agree on larger books being digitized because it has seriously become a pain. It is especially frustrating when you have to walk from one side of campus to the other. I don't they should discontinue the use of books but just simply have the option open for digital books. Anyhow, I agree on technology being a powerful tool for teachers. Sometimes the things teachers have preached in class can easily be drawn back from moodle, and its all online. It is a fast and efficient way to access reference. Whether it is a syllabus, announcement, or homework assignment, moodle is a great resource. I think it's great to apply technology in the educational setting. I think it's important to understand its effect, just as we are doing in this class. Technology has a far-reaching impact that can literally be felt all around the world.

    ReplyDelete